The 2.6 Challenge
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in income through fundraising events.
The Virgin Money London Marathon alone, which should have taken place on Sunday 26 April, is the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event, which raised more than £66.4 million for thousands of charities in 2019.
In light of this, Team IQ are proud to be participating in this challenge, and will be fundraising for a Charity close to our hearts, Street Child (www.streetchild.co.uk).
Each member of the IQ team will be taking part in the 2.6 challenge in their own way
- Petronella will be running 2.6 miles
- Steph and Millie will be cycling 26 miles
- Nick H will be doing 26 keepie uppies on his cricket bat
- Paul and Charlotte will be answering as many Harry Potter questions correctly in 2 minutes and 60 seconds
- Rhianne will be baking 26 cupcakes
- Elliot will be cooking 26 pancakes
- Tom will be running 2.6 miles…..backwards
Below are some of the ways your donation could make a change
- £35 could provide a hand-washing station enabling 150 people to access water to wash their hands and reduce the risk of infection.
- £55 could provide vital supplies of disinfectant, masks, soap and sanitiser to a community of 250 people enabling them to protect themselves and help prevent the spread of the virus.
- £120 could pay for a trained COVID-19 worker to support three communities for one month, communicating urgent life-saving messages about prevention and protection as well as providing psychological first aid for children and adolescents affected by the pandemic.
- £350 could provide a sustainable hand-washing station for 1,250 children, adolescents and adults, giving five vulnerable communities immediate access to a permanent structure, as well as having an impact on health and hygiene after the crisis has ended.
Please help us towards raising money for this very worthy cause by visiting our Just Giving page
Views: 713 views