The Lowdown on Markets to 30th September 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- Global equity markets react to renewed optimism regarding US corporate tax cuts.
- The Fed sends out another hawkish statement in preparation for a further rate hike.
- President Trump meets Kevin Warsh to discuss possible nomination as new Fed chair.
- Central banks are likely to move from quantitative easing to quantitative tightening.
- Financial asset classes will need to adjust over time to accommodate tightening.
- The developing markets continue to out-perform the developed in 2017.
“Global equity markets rally on renewed optimism from the United States”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Views: 920 views