The Lowdown on Markets to 27th October 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- Global markets react positively to an overabundance of positive weekly news
- A plethora of good earnings reports from US technology companies push markets higher
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe secures a two-thirds majority and is re-elected
- The ECB announce a further downsizing of their monthly bond buying programme
- In China President Xi Jinping formulates new Politburo Standing Committee
- Global equity markets remain the asset class of choice given that bonds look expensive
“Global equity markets respond to a week of positive results”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Views: 845 views