The Lowdown on Markets to 01st December 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- This has clearly been a golden period for equity investing and this year is no exception.
- But, the prolonged bull market has left bonds, equities and credit looking expensive.
- Clearly, this bull market has been driven by liquidity and recently from the Trump trade.
- Whilst a correction cannot be ruled out US tax cuts and deregulation is a strong tailwind.
- Bitcoin rises to over US$11,000 as the frenzy for virtual currencies pick up momentum.
- Bull markets don’t die of old age and the fundamentals remain positive longer-term.
“Fundamentals remain positive for equity markets but geo-political risks rise”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Views: 902 views