The Lowdown on Markets to 15th September 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- Wall Street trades at a record peak irrespective of North Korea’s new missile launch.
- The global economy remains firmly in an expansion phase with investors embracing risk.
- Central banks are now becoming more hawkish in their policy statements.
- In the UK, sterling rallies on the back of the Bank of England’s latest comments.
- Bond markets begin to react to hawkish comments and higher inflationary pressures.
- Global equities remain the asset class of choice against a positive economic backdrop.
“Equity markets rally higher with the exception of the UK as sterling rallies”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Views: 1,109 views